| "I'm looking at my old country, Washington, DC." |
Speaking of celebrating, this admission means that our Thanksgiving this year will also be spent in the hospital. We will most likely be discharged on Thursday late afternoon or early evening.
Although we originally felt melancholy about the idea of being here on Thanksgiving, Conor and I have both come to terms with it. I think I speak for both of us when I say that we are actually totally fine with it now. In fact, we had an opportunity to reschedule this inpatient stay for last weekend to avoid a Thanksgiving hospitalization, but we chose to wait. We all needed a weekend at home. And, based on Fionn's counts today (just barely above the 750 threshold), his little body needed a few additional days to recover.
So our Thanksgiving will look a little different this year. Heck, our whole life has looked pretty different lately! Why should Thanksgiving be any different?
I'll update again soon with news from our hospital stay.
Casey, you have such strength....heck, you entire family does. We pray for Fionn daily and will pray earnestly the next few days that this will be his LAST stay in the hospital for a long while. Whose Thanksgiving HAS to be celebrated Thursday......celebrate when you get home, even if it's with a Happy Meal!! God bless your little family and hold tight to your faith. Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletePeggy Gladden
Yay Fionny- his little body is kicking cancer's ass! And I agree with Peggy, Thanksgiving can be celebrated another day or wherever you are. Love this is the last scheduled admission- here's to the last 6 months and here's to Fionny winning this fight!!! Love you
ReplyDeleteThe last 6 months being over, that is ;)
ReplyDelete