We made counts! Hooray! We are officially in Phase 3 of treatment which is called Interim Maintenance. During this phase, Fionn will have 4 inpatient stays -- each will be about 3 or 4 nights, depending on how quickly his little body clears the high-dose methotrexate that he will be given. Following every inpatient stay, we will have a "break" of one week where we don't even have to come to clinic. Gasp! A week without entering the hospital -- it's almost too good to be true! Will we even know what to do with ourselves on a Monday morning?
We were also just told that today is an important day for Fionn in terms of tracking his treatment. Whether or not we have delays in the future, we already know that Fionn's last day of cancer treatment will be exactly 3 years from today. For whatever reason, they always determine a patient's treatment end date based on when the kiddo starts Interim Maintenance. So mark your calendars for October 6, 2017 because we will most certainly be having a celebration at the Crimmins house that day.
Speaking of house...we are still in the midst of selling our house. The first open house was yesterday, and it was well attended. We have 1 more day of possible showings, and then (fingers crossed!) hopefully an offer. We are sad to leave Brookland, but man...I am also so ready for this house-selling phase to be complete. It has been so exhausting to maintain a spotless, tidy house with two rambunctious boys in tow. Heck, it's exhausting just maintaining a normal level of cleanliness with two crazy boys. But this...this has been something entirely different. We have basically been living in a showroom for the past week. Nothing on the counters. Nothing on the floor. Everything shining and clean. I am telling you, every time one of the boys gets out a toy or messes up the pillows on Fionn's bed, I can feel myself screaming inside. It's very stressful. I bit Fionn's head off the other day for building a fort out of his blankets. I mean, seriously a Mommy Dearest moment, folks. This has got to end soon! Keep your fingers crossed that we have at least one decent offer tomorrow.
I will post again soon with pictures from our truly spectacular weekend away to Lancaster, PA last Thursday-Sunday. It was all people said it would be...and more. We had so much fun, and it was fabulous to get away from The Showroom (a.k.a. 1405 Newton St. NE).
But for now, I'm going to pry Fionn away from Despicable Me 2 so we can visit the art room or at least stretch our legs a bit.
Calendar officially marked!!!!! So excited to have a permanent marked happy face !!!!����. Hope the showroom gets shutdown very quickly!!! At least you haven't been called the Clean Police yet!!!! Big hugs to all!!!
ReplyDeleteCasey- wow- so much going on. I'm excited to hear we have a date. It'll be easy to remember because that's the same year (that summer actually) when Eric and I will live together again. So, I know for a fact it's right around the corner b/c, well, it has to be. Though it doesn't feel like it some days. Good luck on the house selling quickly. Love you guys!!!
ReplyDelete