Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Mississippi Shower For Our May Flower


After a wonderful long weekend in Minnesota with the Crimmins Clan, Baby C and I traveled south to Mississippi for a week with my family. It was so special to have some relaxing time with everyone before Baby C arrives. Believe me, I am well aware that our little bundle of joy will rule the roost the next time we touch ground in Minnesota or Mississippi. Casey...Who? It will be all about Baby C, I just know it! Of course, I will be happy to pass the spotlight to our little one.

However, in the meantime, I decided to soak up my last week as the VIPP (Very Interesting Pregnant Person) with my family and Conor's before Baby C steals my thunder in May. Indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed spending quality time with the Crimmins Clan in Minnesota as well as with Mom, Dad, Julie, Jay and my grandmother, Mimi, in Mississippi. It was a truly fantastic week. And, I have to say, the 60 degree weather in Mississippi didn't hurt either!

The Mississippi week culminated with an absolutely perfect baby shower which was hosted by my cousins Paige and Secily and my aunt Robin (pictured below). The day was simply divine. Perfect weather, delicious food, and exquisite decorations. Robin, Secily, and Paige did a wonderful job, and we can't thank them enough for their creativity, generosity, and hospitality. Baby C received so many fantastic gifts; we feel so fortunate to have such amazing family and friends in the Mississippi area. A special shout-out to my family members who traveled from hours away to be there for the shower, as well as my lovely high school friends who not only came to the shower from hours away but are also carting me and my substantial loot back to the Birmingham airport tomorrow morning. Thank you, Jen and Kris!




I have included a link to our Flickr website so that people can view additional pictures from the shower if interested. I will continue to upload more photos from the shower next week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48145845@N05/

1 comment:

  1. Casey ~ Looks like you all had a marvelous time at the shower. Such cute gifts!! So glad you had the chance to go home for a visit to see everyone before Baby C arrives.

    ReplyDelete