I should start this post by saying that I am no stranger to a little airheaded brain activity. My high school and college friends especially can attest to this. Oh, there have been lost plane tickets, wallets left in random places back when I refused to carry a purse, money left in the ATM machine, car keys that were lost on a daily basis, and many, many a verbal faux pas. Many. Tons. Lots.
However, something happened to me following college. I started to carry a purse first of all which helped with the wallet issue. Furthermore, I began to (gasp!) keep track of myself a bit better. I also began to catch myself a bit more before making really embarassing slips or asking enormously stupid questions. I'm not going to claim perfection or anything, but I think most people would agree that my flakiness quotient has definitely improved somewhat.
Enter Baby C.
Okay, so let me give you a classic example of this "pregnancy brain" of which I speak. Last week during my travels, I found myself where I often find myself in airports -- waiting in line at Freshen's frozen yogurt. Oh, yes, I love me some frozen yogurt. It's nearly pathological in nature actually. Anyway, the line at Freshen's was fairly long, so I had time to study the menu carefully. I decided on a Microblast, which is basically a Blizzard made with yogurt. I then decided that Oreo cookies would be the best possible topping for this treat, and I anxiously waited for my turn to order.
Finally, I arrived at the counter, just moments away from my yogurt treat. I cheerily ordered an Oreo Microblast with vanilla yogurt and paid the nice lady the fee that was due. She smiled kindly, provided me the necessary change, and turned to begin making my Microblast. I warmly said, "Thank you so much" and deposited the change back into my wallet. Then I turned on my heels and promptly walked away.
Without my Microblast.
The strangest part of this story is that I felt completely fulfilled as I walked away from the Freshen's counter. In fact, I remember thinking, "What a nice lady!" and thinking about how much I love Freshen's. I also remember sighing with contentment and thinking, "Ah, I'm so happy right now. Life is good."
But...but...there was no frozen yogurt in my hand! How could this be?
Well, you'll be relieved to know that I realized my mistake as soon as I exited the food court and was able to retrieve the Microblast without incident. Still, that was cutting it close, folks. I don't play around with my frozen yogurt. I've tried to explain this to Baby C, but he doesn't yet understand the power of yogurt. Yet, my friends. Yet.
OMG ~ do not, I repeat, not let Auntie Becky hear you speak such blasphemy. :D She takes her frozen yogurt pretty seriously, too. And I have to say, after sampling a variety available at the "new" place near their house... I agree. Who knew Tarot flavor was so yummy?? Sure wasn't that good as Poi in Hawaii. :)
ReplyDelete