Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yes, Baby C, There Is a Springtime

Finally! After the longest and snowiest winter ever, Spring has officially arrived! Not only was last Saturday the First Day of Spring, but the weather actually reflects this transition which is rare and lovely.

So...I feel like this is the point where I should post some amazing pictures of spring buds or new leaves on the trees or something, but...I'm afraid I have nothing of the sort. However, I can oblige by posting new pictures of my ever-growing belly because I am 8 months pregnant this week!




According to my preggo lit, Baby C weighs around 4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon) and is approximately 17 inches. Space in the uterus is becoming more scarce so I should see a decrease in activity over the next few weeks. Yeah. Not so much right now. Kiddo is still as active as ever. I swear he's doing The Worm in there.

The backdrop of these photos, as you might have guessed, is the nursery. After weeks and weeks of harassing our delinquent contracter (nice guy, terrible work ethic), the nursery rennovations are finally complete! I will provide more pictures once we complete the decorating process. Although we have received our crib and armoire, we are still waiting for the delivery of our 4-drawer dresser, and there is still lots to do as far as getting it all spruced up (cue Conor groaning and rolling his eyes).

So I figured I would take a few minutes during this post to answer a few Frequently Asked Questions.

How are you feeling?

For the most part, I feel great. I feel very lucky that I have somehow escaped most of the terrible pregnancy symptoms...at least thus far. I have begun to experience some upper back pain over the past few weeks when sitting for long periods of time in a chair, but it's nothing that a little husband massage can't fix. (Conor: hint, hint).

Any weird food cravings?

I get asked this question all the time, and I have usually been answering "nope." However, I have to say that recently I have noticed that I cannot get enough of one thing....CEREAL! I have always loved cereal (just ask my mom) which is probably why I did not think of it as a "pregnancy craving." However, lately, it has been a bit of an obsession. The exact object (or type of cereal) of my obsession varies from week to week. Right now it is Chocolate Mini Bites which are teeny-tiny little frosted mini wheats that are D-I-V-I-N-E, especially when paired with fresh blueberries. I dream about these little bites of heaven. That is, when I'm not dreaming about the Jonas brothers. Which brings me to my next question.

How are you sleeping?

I am always asked if Baby C is keeping me awake yet with his kicks. Um, no. But my bladder is doing a perfectly nice job of that anyhow, thank you very much. So far, Baby C's kicks are delightful and sweet, but so many people have asked this question that I fear that the worst is yet to come.

Oh, okay, the Jonas brothers. So I'm really not a fan. I swear. Okay, maybe I have one song downloaded on my I-pod, but I really wouldn't call that being a fan, would you? Right, that's what I thought. So please explain to me why my dreams have been nothing short of invaded by these little teen tiger beats on several occasions during my pregnancy. It's downright disturbing. The most distressing part of this little situation is that I continue to dream about the oldest and least cute Jonas. I think his name is Kevin. Perhaps it's my subconscious policewoman, trying to thrown down some moral regulation even while I sleep as I am pretty sure the other two Jonases (Jonai?) are not exactly "of age." But, c'mon, Sandman. At least throw a pregnant lady a little Joe Jonas once in awhile, why don't ya?

Anyway, enough of that. My dad is probably squirming in his computer chair right now (sorry, Dad!).

Happy Spring to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. The Jonas Brothers! What would Freud say???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey ~ You look fantastic!! Can't wait to see the nursery with all its improvements and furniture in place. Can't help w/ the Jonas brothers as their name (The Jonas Brothers) is the extent of my knowledge and one area I am not extending my lifelong love of learning. :D I do commiserate with you however on not getting the dreams you would like to have at night. Keep taking care and keep that cereal coming.
    Love ya kiddo!!

    (PS ~ let's not go w/ Worm for a nickname... sure, it might be cute now but just wait until he's in high school *rolls eyes*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i'm totally stealing your chocolate mini bites and blueberry idea! sounds yum!! toottoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, you look absolutely gorgeous my friend. I'm so jealous. I was a whale when I was 8 months pregnant and you are nothing but belly. The nursey looks fantastic and I'm hoping that a Jonas Bros. poster doesn't end up on the wall. Keep it tasteful, like an omage to Corey Haim, or something like that.

    Love you bunches and hope your last month is full of rest and excitement.

    ReplyDelete