Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rounding the Bend

This week's title is appropriate for two reasons. First and most importantly, Baby C and I have arrived in the third and final trimester of pregnancy. Yep, that's right. I am 7 months preggo this week. That means that Baby C will be here in less than 12 weeks! Now that it is nearly March, May 19th does not seem so far away anymore. I can see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, if you will.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who can see the light. According to my pregnancy literature, Baby C can now see light when it filters through the womb, and he is practicing opening and closing his little eyes. He is now nearly 15 inches long from his head to his heels, and he likely weighs between 2 and 3 pounds. Because he's a Crimmins boy and I'm a betting woman, I am guessing that he is weighing in at the higher end of this spectrum. What do you think? He is also sprouting hair on his head at this point, according to the pregnancy books. If he takes after his mama at all, there will be plenty of that to go around, that's for sure!

As you might notice from the new belly pic, there is another sort of "rounding" going on in addition to Baby C's gestational journey. Over this past month, I have definitely started to look more obviously pregnant -- even in my heavy winter clothing. In fact, I just had my first stranger ask me when I was due while standing in line for frozen yogurt at the airport this afternoon. I was so surprised that I just blinked at her for a full 10 seconds, during which time she probably thought she'd made a HUGE mistake of epic proportions. You better believe she looked quite relieved when I finally recovered and stammered, "May! May! I'm due in May!"

Besides the fact that I can't paint my toenails quite as easily as I could in the past, I am simply relishing my new shape. It's like an accessory sometimes. Regular old shirts suddenly look way cuter with a little belly poking out! Plus, I love carrying around our little guy and feeling his ever-present kicks and wiggles. I think my friend Heather B. said it best once when she told me, "Pregnancy is a gift." I completely agree, Heather. Heartburn and all.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I get a blog quote! :) Casey, you are looking so adorable- yay for the third trimester. We're getting very excited to meet the little man! Hope you're having fun travels.

    ReplyDelete