Monday, May 2, 2016

Home Again

I just wanted to post a quick update for those of you who might be keeping up with Fionn solely through this blog.  Fionn was discharged on Sunday morning from the hospital once his ANC reached 150.  Because Fionn is in Maintenance, his doctors felt that 150 was good enough for discharge.  I'm pleased to report that Fionn looks and feels great, and he even returned to school today.  The docs think that this latest ANC plummet was a result of a virus he is fighting.  Fionn is definitely coughing and sniffling.  I think the virus, coupled with a recent onslaught of medication (spinal infusion, Vincristine, and 5 days of steroids the week before last) worked together to lower his counts so dramatically.  Fionn is currently on none of his chemo medication, but we will return to clinic on Monday the 9th to check his counts.  I am sure at that point his chemo will resume, although surely at a reduced level until his counts return to "normal."

As always, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  We are so very appreciative.  I will finish with a picture of Fionn with the superheroes who visited the hospital last Friday.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  Children's Hospital is such a special place.

1 comment: