Last year, as you all know, we had to miss Irish Fest with the Crimmins Clan due to Fionn's recent leukemia diagnosis. We were all so bummed to miss it. But no one more than Fionny himself. He loves the Fest. It is a time for staying up late and riding the Sky Glider. It is a time for dancing to pulsating Irish music and waving green glow sticks in the night sky. It is a time for bear hugs from aunts and uncles, and corn dogs for dinner. But more than anything, it is a time for cousins.
I always try to adequately express how much Fionn loves his cousins, but I feel like I can't help but fall short. Yet I'll try again. Y'all, Fionn simply adores his cousins. Worships them really. Several times throughout last weekend, I watched him drape his arm across a cousin's shoulders and give him/her a spontaneous squeeze. Once I heard him say, "I love you" as he leaned his little blond (curly!) head in toward one of them. It is good for a Mama's heart to see such love. Such a special bond.
| Dex playing at the county water park with Liam |
| Riding the bus at the Children's Museum |
| Driving a boat around the lake (with some help) |
![]() |
| Annie following around "her" baby, Deaglan |
Well, I would be remiss if I didn't document that this also happened at the Fest.
Yep, that's me going in for the embrace with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (a.k.a. My Husband) during the annual 5K race to Irish Fest. My crazy other half. He decided a few weeks ago to dress up for the 5K race. Yes, there is a costume competition at the end of the race, but that normally involves a bunch of people wearing green leggings and four-leaf clover socks. Not, um...this.
But my Conor is not a normal guy. And I mean this is the best possible way. He decided that he wanted to bring some smiles to the faces of the patrons of the Fest. Well, mission accomplished. Conor was in countless selfies throughout the morning, and everyone who ran past him couldn't help but laugh. I mean, it's so ridiculous, right? I know I'm still smiling about it.
Conor was not the only one from the family in costume though. His brother, Colin, was also dressed up as a Ghostbuster. So this interaction happened when they came upon each other on the race path.
Ah, this crazy family. How I love them despite their craziness. Or maybe because of it. It's unclear sometimes!
That's it for now. I will leave you with this little Mini Marshmallow who is the picture of health and happiness right now. The luck of the Irish indeed. We are so very, very grateful. Words cannot express.




2.5 days is simply insufficient... but if they stretched Irish Fest into a week-long event would any but the children survive?!? Already looking forward to next year's Fest. :D
ReplyDelete