I have to say that I have been blessed with having a lot of wonderful lady friends in my life. There are times when I truly do not know what I would do without them. No matter how much I adore my husband, I will always need my girls. Always.
My Mississippi girlfriends are especially dear to me because I have known them almost all of my life. Heck, Andrea and I were even in the hospital at the same time (being BORN!). Kristen and I used to walk through a wooded path to get to each others' houses when we were just in grade school. Mary and I attended probably every birthday party the other one ever had. Emily and Jennifer...well, they were the new kids on the block. They became my friends at the ripe old age of 8. I cannot say enough about these wonderful friends. They are kind. They are funny. They are unique and special. They make me laugh like no one else can, and being with them feels like coming home. I cherish them.
Last year when Fionn got sick, my girl's weekend away with these ladies got cancelled for obvious reasons. Once Fionn got to a more stable place in his treatment, we rescheduled it for the exact same weekend the following year. We would keep our plans the exact same. Our destination would be Oxford, MS where my dad and Julie have a condo.
I have been eagerly anticipating this weekend for months. And it did not disappoint. While in Oxford, we walked around the quaint square and did some shopping (a huge luxury without two boys hanging off my arm). We had a nice dinner out at The Snack Bar on Saturday night. We enjoyed Bloody Marys (note: plural) at brunch. But mostly...mostly we just talked. Talked and talked and talked. And binge-watched
Sex and the City. Because, you know, what else spells Perfect Girl's Weekend?
I should add that it was
nearly perfect. Our group was not quite complete. There was a huge hole left by the absence of our dear, Meg, who wasn't able to make it. We missed her beautiful smile, infectious laugh, and effervescence. We love you, Meg!
So...you might be wondering what my rascally boys were up to while I was having this Perfect Girl's Weekend? Well, let me tell you. My amazing husband and amazing parents were escorting them through a fun-filled weekend in Jackson, MS! The boys had a blast. Swimming, seeing
Minions in the theater, playing on the playground when it wasn't too hot (it hovered in the low 100s the whole time), going to the Children's Museum in Jackson (which is spectacular). But, mostly, they loved spending time with my Mom, Dad, Julie, Uncle Jay, and some of their cousins. Per normal, here is a photo montage from the trip.
 |
| Reading Dr. Seuss with Gaga |
 |
| Being tickled by JuJu |
 |
| Four-wheeler with cousin, Butler |
 |
| Swinging with cousin, Laura Vaiden |
 |
| Getting pushed by Jim |
 |
| Lunch with Uncle Jay |
 |
| Hanging at Jim and JuJu's house |
 |
| Nothing says "vacation" like Fruit Loops!! |
 |
| Taking Ellie for a walk with Gaga |
|
|
|
|
As you can see, it was a great trip. My only regret is that I couldn't clone myself and be two places at one time. As much as I loved being with my girls, I hated missing out on fun with my boys! They truly had a blast. Last Monday, as we prepared to leave, Fionn declared, "I don't want to go home. I want to stay here forever." That's a resounding endorsement if I ever heard one. And a very tempting proposition...
We have clinic on Monday which includes a spinal tap. I'll check in again briefly then.
No comments:
Post a Comment