Well, despite my hopes that Little Brother might show his face a bit earlier, we have made it to this point. Eviction Day. Yep, unless something dramatic happens over the course of today, we will indeed be walking into the hospital tomorrow morning for the induction. Darn it.
We tried everything, folks. All the tricks, all the old wives tales. I won't go into all of them here because this is a family-friendly blog (haha), but let's just say that I've walked about 10 miles in the past few days and had my fair share of spicy food. And...nothing.
I'm afraid we have got one stubborn little boy on our hands. Scratch that. Another stubborn little boy.
But here's the good news. At my appointment on Monday afternoon, I was already dilated 3 cm, and I was also 70% effaced. Cervix is very, very soft, according to my midwife. Of course, this gave me another dose of false hope that labor was right around the corner. And it wasn't. But at least it puts me in a much better position going into the induction that I was with Fionn. With Fionny, I was only 1 fingertip dilated when I entered the hospital. And 24 hours later, after 2 rounds of cervical ripening drugs, I was still only 1 cm dilated. Not fun.
Sorry, that's a lot of cervical talk. The bottom line is this. Baby Brother will be here sometime tomorrow. Or, God help me, at least the following day.
Other good news. My dad and Julie arrived yesterday morning, so they are waiting in the wings (or, er, asleep in the basement) at this very moment. It is such a relief to know that Fionn will be in great hands while we are laboring away at the hospital. Thank you both so much in advance, Jim and JuJu!
I will report back if anything changes on the labor front. But, as it stands right now, our next post should be a birth announcement. Now that is a post I cannot wait to write.
Until then, folks.
Sending prayers your way, Casey! Proud of you Momma!!
ReplyDelete