 |
| Can you spot wee little Deaglan in this picture? |
We just said goodbye to a very special visitor: Fionny and Dex's grandmother, otherwise known as GaGa. We had a very nice week together, filled with quiet moments as well as big adventures.
Of course, first and foremost, it was wonderful to introduce Deaglan to his maternal grandmother for the first time. They were definitely cuddle partners for a good part of the week. I'll have you know that Dex, among his other attributes, is an A+ cuddle bug. Easygoing and soft. So very small. Ah, it's the best.
But never fear. Deaglan wasn't the only recipient of GaGa's attention during her visit. Fionny got what was his. In the form of cookie-making with GaGa, no less. Check it out.
 |
| Fionn doing some quality control on the cookies |
 |
| Teddy bears, race cars, and chocolate...does it get it better? |
We also took Deaglan on his first official Adventure Friday (his first unofficial jaunt was the ride home from the hospital on the 10th!). We headed over to Hillwood Estate which is basically a ginormous mansion with amazing, gorgeous gardens and grounds surrounding it. Conor and I had been wanting to check it out, so we figured...why not? We also thought GaGa might like it. She loves herself some flowers and pretty houses.
We decided to skip the mansion tour for the time being, and we headed directly outside to the grounds so Fionn could explore. And explore he did. He loved running around in the beautiful green grass that surrounded the estate.
There were also some pretty fountains which are always a hit with our boy. "More wah-wah!" he demanded as we went from fountain to fountain.
 |
| Fionn as "The Thinker" |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Although Hillwood Estate was really beautiful, I think we might have bitten off more than we could chew for Deaglan's first Adventure Friday. First of all, the weather was much warmer than we had expected. Poor Deaglan was wrapped up in the Moby Wrap which, although nice and comfy, gets pretty toasty. And since there was very little shade on the grounds, we found ourselves constantly thrust into the bright sunshine. As a result, it was difficult to take him out of the Moby for fear that his delicate skin could get burned. Deaglan rarely cries, and when he let out a scream of protest at one point, we knew we needed to make some changes. We finally found ourselves a nice patch of shaded grass which allowed us to give Dex some much-needed fresh air. I love this next picture because it shows Fionny up to his old tricks, searching for a granola bar in my bag when I wasn't looking. Rascal.

We also snapped some cute shots of the boys lying on the grass together. We had to bribe Fionn to put his granola bar down (yes, he found one in the bag) for the picture, but I think it was worth it. And it only cost me a chocolate milk after lunch.
 |
| I know this looks like affection on Fionn's part, but I think it was just him chewing up a bite of granola bar. Oh well. |
Our adventure got a little more interesting when Conor had to leave us to attend a business meeting. So Mom and I were left to our own devices with both boys. I will admit that it felt really overwhelming to me. I think it was the combo of the heat, Dex needing to nurse, and Fionn running around like a mad man. It just felt...Out. Of. Control. Not a great feeling. I also felt like a bad mom for having such a little baby out in the sunshine. I mean, Dex hadn't even lost his cord yet at that point. As we hiked back to our car, I was suddenly overcome with a feeling of...
Holy crap. We have GOT to get back to the house.
So we did. And no damage was done. But I think I'll be a bit more reserved with our Adventure Fridays for the next couple of months until Dex is a bit heartier.
Our misadventures that morning nearly stopped us from getting out and about that night as we had planned. Thankfully, the weather cooled, and we made a game time decision to go ahead and hit Yards Park by the water for some live music in the grass. It was fantastic. Nice and cool, not too crowded. Dex was able to just roll around on our picnic blanket and enjoy the fresh air. Like so.
 |
| Someone has definitely found his fingers! |
 |
| Mm..Mm...Mm...Yummy fingers. |
Deaglan wasn't the only one enjoying himself. Fionn had a blast lining up his cars in the grass and listening to the music.
And I...well, as you can see, I was enjoying myself too.
We enjoyed GaGa's visit very much, and Fionn is already asking to see her again. Thanks for coming, Mom! We love you!
Next up on the docket...Conor's mom and sister, Erin, who will come into town this coming Saturday. We are looking forward to introducing Deaglan to more of his loving family members. Until next time...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOops, sorry about the previous post. Learned something new about a couple 2-word phrases. All I can say is Wow! And Thank You! for the delete!
ReplyDeleteSo I'll leave it at this:
Sounds like a lovely visit with GaGa. So glad you all had that time together. Casey - I have no doubt you'll soon master the whole 1 mommy, 2 kiddos deal. And I love the photos - as always.
~ The (now wiser) Aunt Mimi ;-)