Howdy, folks. I just wanted to hop by to provide a quick update because I know I have been pretty neglectful of this blog lately. Here's why. As you can see from the above picture, we have been living in a state of complete and utter disarray. Operation Big Boy Room cranked into full gear the weekend before last. Because it seemed too easy to simply focus on making improvements to Fionn's future room, we decided to double the fun by also doing some much-needed repairs to our living room ceiling. And, you know, if you're going to repair a ceiling, you might as well put in recessed lights and crown molding too. Right? And if the workmen are already at your house all day, you might as well have them paint the new baby's room. Right?
Yeah, well, because we don't live in the largest house in America, these seemingly minor home improvements completely took over our entire humble abode. Dust everywhere. Furniture crammed into tiny spaces. And, because they were working on the living room, we had to enter and exit our house through the backyard for a week. Yeah, we basically lived up in the playroom. Conor swears he suffered some permanent damage to his back from sitting on Fionn's teeny-tiny playroom chairs for a week straight. Haha!
That's the bad news. The good news is...the work is now complete! Hooray! We moved Fionn into his Big Boy Room last Sunday, and he has done great in it for the most part. The first night he woke up a few times because he heard cars going by on the street. "Mama," he said over cereal the next morning. "I heard police cars on street. I was scared." Haha. That's our city kid for you. Indeed, the Big Boy Room is not as tucked away in the back of the house as the nursery. Anyway, the rest of the week has been fine in terms of his sleep at night. Now naps...that's another story. Let's just say that we are on Day 2 of no napping, and Mama is not a happy camper. I can't really blame it on the new room though. We were already batting a 75% average in terms of naps before the big transition. I think we are just at that unfortunate juncture in his development. Sigh...It's neither here nor there. Let's just say that we are currently watching Sesame Street so Mama can have a much-needed break. So. Very. Tired. Of. Playing. Bus. And. Truck.
Anyway, without further adieu, here are some pictures of our boy's new crib. We are still waiting for the addition of an orange and white striped teepee which is on back order as well as some new blackout curtains (maybe that will help with the nap strike?). But for the most part...we're feeling pretty happy with the space. It feels ginormous compared to his little cubby hole of a nursery. Fionn, for his part, has really been enjoying the additional space. He likes to play in there now which he never really attempted in his old space.
| Growth chart in the corner was a Christmas gift from GaGa -- we love it! |
| Doesn't his toddler bed look teeny-tiny in this big old room? We'll need to get bunk beds STAT! |
| So glad we decided to keep this piece of furniture...nearly sold it because I worried it would overwhelm the space. |
That's it for now, folks! Hope everyone is well, and I will check in again soon.
Wow! What a difference. I love the look of the new room. When I visit, Fionn and I can go in for some "quiet time" (not a nap, mama) and play the police scanner app on my phone. I can't wait. :-D
ReplyDelete