Saturday, February 9, 2013

Get Your Motor Running

What kind of gas mileage does this baby get in the city?
Friends, I have found a little slice of heaven right here in DC.  It is a mom's dream come true.  A true paradise in the city.

It is the Washington Auto Show.


Follow me for a second.  The Auto Show involves an entire convention center full of cars and trucks.  My son loves cars and trucks.  My husband loves cars and trucks.  My husband and my son like to spend time looking at cars and trucks.

No mommy necessary.

Got it?  Yeah, so basically the Auto Show = Me Time for Mommy.  And that is a good, good thing.  Last Saturday, while my boys were at the Auto Show, I went to a movie by myself.  Pure bliss.  This Saturday, while my boys had a second go at the Auto Show, I went to the gym and blew my hair straight.  Maybe not as awesome as last Saturday, but I'll take it.  Now the Auto Show is leaving town, and I am depressed.  Haha!  Just kidding -- sort of! 

In case you are doubting the universal appeal of the Auto Show, I give you the following video as evidence.   Enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Ah yes... The Auto Show. I've fond memories of taking Conor to the one in the Twin Cities years ago. Ask about our stop at the custom van display. LOL Good times.

    ReplyDelete