This year marked our first Valentine's Day as parents. As you might imagine, what used to be a day filled with chocolates, wine and romance was forever changed...
Oh geez, who am I kidding? Conor and I aren't really Valentine's Day celebrators to begin with, so this year was really no different than last year and the year before that. Well, with one notable exception, of course. THIS Valentine's Day I was greeted at 6 am by a very wet and very sloppy "moochie" from my special boy.
And then afterwards I woke up Fionn and got a kiss from him too.
Haha! Sorry, folks, I couldn't resist. It was just too easy. Speaking of moochies, here is a pic of Conor stealing a moochie from Fionny. We are just all about the moochies here at Chez Crimmins.
Anyway, apart from Fionny, we had another special Valentine this year: Conor's sister, Erin, who stayed with us for a few days right around the holiday. It was wonderful to spend some quality time with Erin. One of the great things about Erin is that she always inspires us to get off our rumps and do some fun things around the city. This time we took a day trip to the picturesque town of St. Michael's, Maryland and had a great time just walking around, exploring the shops and restaurants. It was a gorgeous day with a fairly mild temperature (mid-40s and sunny). There was a bit of a breeze though as you can probably tell from this picture. Fionn would have said "brrrr...." but alas...he does not know how to talk yet.
During Erin's visit we also explored the American History Museum and Chinatown. And Conor and Erin attended a Marquette vs. Georgetown basketball game where they scored front row seats. Ask Conor for more details on that one. It's a pretty cool story.
In addition to these tourist destinations, sweet Erin also had the treat of eating out several times with the Fionnster during her visit. She is one lucky dog, that Erin.
Okay, so here's the truth. Fionn is a wonderful baby. We love him, love him, love him. But he is verrrry touch-and-go when it comes to dining out. He is either a little gentleman or hell-in-a-onesie. Well, sadly, Erin had the misfortune of experiencing more hell-in-a-onesie than gentlemanly encounters with our little man.
So what makes me call him hell-in-a-onesie, you ask? Well, lately we have been encountering some pre-tantrum behaviors which tend to occur when Fionn gets bored (which is often) or simply wants more food (which is constantly). He clenches his teeth, turns red and makes this noise that is a hybrid between a squeal and a growl. Other diners turn to stare. We quickly ask for the check. It's awesome. Very fun.
Erin, for her part, handled these experiences better than Fionn's Mommy. Maybe it's due to growing up in such a large family, but Erin just shrugged and said something along the lines of "Meh. I'm used to it." I could take a few cues from her laid-back demeanor about these things, that's for sure! Here is a pic of Erin wrangling our little guy as he attempts to escape her lap at one of the restaurants in St. Michael's.
And now a few cute photos of The Boy and his Daddy. For no reason other than the sheer cuteness factor. The first shows Conor imitating Fionn's classic "chillaxed" pose. He does this pose All The Time. I think Conor did a pretty good impression, what do you think?
This next pic shows how much my boy loves his Daddy. Look at the delight on that little face. So cute. Let me tell you, I am small taters in the fun department when compared to The Daddy. Now if comfort and soothing is Fionn's wish, I'm still top dog. But fun? That department is headed up, staffed, and just plan invented by The Daddy.
I can't complete this post without giving a shout-out to the 2011 Superbowl Champs, the Green Bay Packers! Go, Pack, Go! Here was my attempt at being artsy with the camera during the pre-game show.
I know, I know. Don't quit my day job. (Cue Fionn sighing with relief).
No comments:
Post a Comment