
We made it! Baby C is officially full term this week. Yep, folks, our little boy is 37 weeks gestation right now and about the size of a watermelon, according to my preggo lit. Although Baby C's actual due date is still 3 weeks away, he could join us any minute now and would no longer be considered premature. Just a little early to his own party, that's all.
It's hard to believe that May, our baby's birth month, is just 2 days away. Needless to say, this realization has been exciting and a bit anxiety-provoking for Conor and myself who both still feel that we have a lot to do and learn before Baby C joins our little family. Conor, for his part, recently decided to start "cramming" for the birth of our child and the many years of parenting that lie ahead. The photo at the top captures him as he reads up on What to Expect the First Year.
Meanwhile, I have been focused on packing my hospital bag. What to take, what to take...It's so hard to know what I will want and need! I basically decided to err on the side of caution and have packed just about everything but the kitchen sink. Apparently, our darling cat, Rory, believes herself to be an essential item for our trip to the hospital. She has literally been camped out on top of my luggage ever since I zipped it up last weekend. I'm not quite sure how to break it to her that she is definitely not part of our birth plan. Sorry, Rory.

It is important to note that, underneath all of our anxiety and nervous energy, there is an absolutely joyous realization that we will be meeting our little boy very, very soon. Baby C, we love you so much already! We cannot wait for you to join our happy family! Just please wait until we have some baby wipes and the car seats installed. Thanks, son.
I distinctly recall my lovely sister-in-law promising to post pictures of Baby C's nursery. Must be the "pregnancy brain." ;-)
ReplyDeleteHaha! Erin, I promise I will post them next week. I am just waiting to add a few more things to the nursery first.
ReplyDeleteLet's hope that the decorative touches get added to the nursery before Baby Carleton!!! My prediction is May 12. Ha, ha!!!
ReplyDelete