
Whew! What a crazy two weeks it has been! Folks, I regret that I have been so negligent in my posting lately, but it has definitely been a busy time for Baby C, Conor, and myself. In the last two weeks, Conor and I have been blessed with 2 amazing baby showers, hosted by some of our friends in the DC area. We also had the pleasure of hosting a backyard BBQ engagement party for two of our dearest friends, Jon and Jen. And, because we didn't feel that we had quite enough going on in our lives, we also did a complete overhaul of our upstairs bathroom with the help of our new contractor, Carlos, whom we adore. It has been a wonderful yet stressful time, as you might imagine. We are grateful for some time now to reflect back on the last two weeks and bask in the notion of how lucky we are to have such amazing friends.
The first shower took place last weekend, the day after the engagement party we threw for Jon and Jen. The timing was perfect because all of the out-of-town guests who were in town for the engagement party were able to attend the baby shower the following morning (albeit a bit blurry-eyed). Our hosts, Jon and Jen, cooked a delicious brunch, and we enjoyed sitting out on their patio, just chatting and soaking up the sun. It was so special to have the whole DC gang together again (minus two very special friends, Trish and JVP. We missed you guys!!).

The second shower was hosted by some of my closest girlfriends: Anne, Victoria, Corey, and Michelle.

The brunch shower, which took place yesterday at Michelle's house, was a fantastic afternoon. The food was delicious, the gifts were so generous and lovely, and we lucked out with the ideal spring weather. The day was made even more special by the attendance of several out-of-town friends who came from as far away as North Carolina and Alabama. I want to give a special shout-out to Corrie, Melissa, Nola, and Amy who all traveled from afar to be at the shower. It meant so much to me, ladies. Thank you so much!!
Following the shower, I also had the pleasure of enjoying some additional girl-time with my Sewanee friends. It was so much fun to spend some QT with my girlfriends before the birth of our little man. I will always cherish that time.

I have posted more pictures from the two baby showers on our flickr website. Here's the link.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48145845@N05/
I also hope to continue to add photos from other people's cameras as they trickle in. Unfortunately, our current camera tends to take a large quantity of blurry photos which is aggravating. This -- on top of the fact that I'm not about to post the pics where I look really fat -- means that we are often faced with a shortage of blog-worthy photos. I know, I know. Say what you will. But hey, a pregnant girl is allowed to be a little choosy and vain from time to time, isn't she?
No comments:
Post a Comment