Speaking of exquisite, we just returned from a fabulous week at the beach in Rhode Island. We were there with 4 other families, and it was just so much fun. Even though our boys argue constantly when it's just the two of them, adding so many other kids to the mix had a fabulous buffering effect. There were arguments among the kids to be sure, but it was SO nice to have a break from my two boys fighting each other at least. It was also just so nice to spend time as a family since I feel like we haven't had too much family togetherness time lately due to Conor's work schedule and a lot of Spring travel.
Here are a few pictures from our amazing trip.
A quick note about the last photo. I am 8 months pregnant now! It has mainly felt like a long pregnancy so far, but I have to say that these last couple of months have flown. It's hard to believe that Baby Brother will be here in just 8 weeks! I am feeling great for the most part. A little lower back pain, but nothing too terrible. A little heartburn, but nothing some Zantac can't fix. I feel lots of movement from the little guy, and I can tell he is getting bigger because his feet are definitely pummeling my ribs at different times. But again....it's nothing too terrible, and it's honestly a joy to feel his movements. Definitely my favorite thing about pregnancy. I am enjoying this pregnancy, I really am. That said, I can't wait to meet this little bugger. There is always a surreal element to having a baby until he is literally in my arms. I can't wait for that. I truly can't.
After a wonderful week in Rhode Island, Fionn and I are back at clinic today. It's Fionn's every-three-months spinal tap day which makes for a longer morning. In preparation for the surgery, he couldn't have breakfast which often makes these mornings difficult. Not today. Fionn is handling it like a champ so far. Of course, his head is buried in the I-Pad, but that's okay. Whatever it takes. That's my motto.
One last thing before I sign off. We are gearing up for Fionn's annual Lemonade Stand. All proceeds benefit pediatric cancer research. This is our 3rd lemonade stand, and we are so excited to be doing it again. It's always such a fun event. This year we are pairing with the Town of Kensington which is having their monthly Summer Movie Night that night. Our stand will take place across the street at St. Paul Park so that we can maximize foot traffic to the Movie Night event. We will also hold the stand a bit later than usual -- 5:30-7 pm -- so that folks can go straight from lemonade sipping to moon bouncing! There will indeed be a moon bounce, food trucks, and a fire truck touch. The movie will start after sunset around 8:30 pm. Here is the link for our fundraising page!
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1246943







for those of us who are NOT CLAIRVOYANT or subscribers to the Kensington Post, you didn't give a date for the lemonade extravaganza.
ReplyDeleteuncle bill