Thursday, January 1, 2015

First ER Visit of the New Year!

I promise I was planning to write a lighthearted post today about how Fionn has been feeling better the last few days, how we had a good New Year's Eve, etc.  Then Fionn got a fever about an hour or so ago, and now he is at the ER with Conor.  Due to his low counts right now, he will most likely be admitted.  Not the best way to start out 2015, but I am grateful that Conor is off work today and tomorrow, so there is no scrambling for Deaglan care.  Thank goodness for that.

As I wait to hear whether or not Fionn will be admitted, I will update you a bit on the last few days.  Overall, Fionn has definitely felt better.  Still some pain in his legs, still not quite our energetic little boy again yet.  But the eating has calmed down somewhat, and his mood has been much, much better.  He has been adorable and hilarious for the most part.  I'll have you know that, in his free time, Fionn has been planning his 5th birthday party (yes, it's still over 5 months away) which he wants to share with his baby brother whose birthday is also in May. (I will have you know that I am a huge fan of this joint birthday idea).  Also, Fionn thinks a moon bounce might need to be involved.  Or a fire station.  He can't decide.  Thankfully, we have over 5 months to think about it.


Also, we shaved Fionn's hair again last Tuesday morning.  He was not a fan of having it shaved this time around, despite the promise of a special treat afterwards.  And he definitely seems more self-conscious about it this time too.  For instance, on the way to the grocery store on Tuesday, he told me that he wanted to keep his coat hood up in the store so no one could see his bald head.  Of course, this broke my heart, and I told him that I thought he looked very handsome with his bald head.  "No, you don't," he said, looking away with Angry Fionny eyebrows.  "No one can think that."  However, in true Fionny fashion, he seems totally fine with it now.  Here are a few pics of our boy ringing in the new year (well, it was 7:45 pm, but he didn't know the difference) last night.  Those popper things were a huge hit! 

He kept saying, "Do you think everyone is going to be okay?" before pulling the string.
I always like to dress up nice for New Year's.
I'll sign off here, but I will plan to update again once we know a bit more from the hospital.  Wishing you and yours the best ever 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment