Hey folks. I will write more later about our wonderful weekend in Memphis at my cousin Karen's wedding, but for now...just a quick post. I know a lot of you think about our Fionny on Mondays and worry about how he is doing. So I wanted to give a little update.
Today at clinic we learned that Fionn's ANC right now is 6. As in...just 6. That's pretty darn low, folks. Scarily low. It's totally expected as a result of the chemo, but I suppose it happened a little sooner than I expected. Fionn is also sporting a pretty nasty cough right now. He's had it for a couple of weeks. Today it sounds worse. The combination of the low ANC and the cough puts us squarely in the realm of...well, possibly spending Christmas in the hospital. One significant fever (or two low-grade fevers over the course of 1 hour), and we immediately get admitted to the hospital due to Fionn's low numbers. Although Fionn's temp right now is totally normal, he had a few elevated fevers over the weekend (more on that in my next post), so we are a bit on pins and needles over here.
As a result, we have wiped our dancing card clean for this week. We had a lot of plans with friends, and we were looking so forward these gatherings. But we simply can't risk it with Fionn's low ANC. Damn cold and flu season. It is really making our life especially difficult right now.
Keep your fingers crossed for us that we remain fever-free for the rest of the week! We would so love to wake up together as a family in our new home on Christmas Day!
I'll close with a picture of Fionny at clinic this morning. All the kids got to pick out a gift from an assortment of donated toys. Fionny picked out a couple of sharks, a scuba diver, and a shark cage. I'm sure it will fuel a new obsession with underwater adventures. I'll write again soon.
Wish we were closer- we could spend our hospital Christmases together...the children's hospital is right next door to the women's here. But mostly hoping you get to go home! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers for you all this week. Fingers crossed for a solid window of Christmas at Home... but crossed even tighter for a climb in numbers while that cough subsides. Hugs all around!! (Even one for Dr. Evil-Cutie-Pie) ~Aunt Mimi
ReplyDelete