It actually wasn't so bad. I know this sounds weird to say, but honestly...clinic days can feel like a reprieve from the chaos of normal life. For the most part so far, clinic has felt like quality time with Fionny. No Deaglan competing for my attention (not to mention Fionn's toys). No dishes that need to be washed or clothes that need to be folded. It's just me and my boy, hanging out. Just the two of us...and an IV pole, of course. We play some games, we do some art in the art room, we do a little dancing sometimes in the hallway (more on that in a sec). And, of course, there is plenty of watching shows and movies as well as playing games on the I-Pad (during which I get to check email and Facebook without feeling guilty).
I also continue to love the opportunity to catch up with some of the other moms and dads who are at clinic. Today I met several new families, and I continue to feel so touched by their stories. It is so nice to talk to people who are sharing the same experiences, even if my heart breaks to hear about their individual journeys. Why do so many children get cancer? It's just absolute madness.
On a happier note, here are a few scenes from the day:
| Building a castle |
| Well-meaning but creepy clown |
| Dance party in the hallway -- every day at 2 pm! |
| Puppet show with a new friend! |
So tomorrow...our castle doors will open. Wish us luck!
Woot - let's hear it for those numbers. Wonderful news! Glad treatment day went well. The activities and dancing in the hall remind me of a Toys-R-Us commercial. The one with the train. Your closing comment has the Duloc song from Shrek running through my head - thanks for that. ;-) Finally, Fionn - you really rock the orange ribbon look. :D I hear you're the new Tattoo Master in the family now. Excellent work yesterday at the stand. Love to you all!! ~Aunt Mimi
ReplyDelete