This one is going to go in the books for brevity. I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to my wonderful dad and stepmom, Julie, who stayed with Fionny for two days this past week so that Conor and I could spend a few kid-free days in NYC.
I know what you're thinking. Weren't you crazy people just in NYC? Yes. Yes, we were. But this trip was comped business trip for Conor where we got to stay at the Trump Hotel SoHo. For free. So, yeah, I wasn't about to miss out on that one! Are you crazy?
So dad and Julie stayed with the kid, and they had a blast. Or so Fionn tells me. We are so appreciative of Dad and Julie (or Jim and JuJu as Fionn calls them) for providing care to our son so that we could enjoy a little alone time. Or, rather, so that I could enjoy some alone time. Conor was pretty much working the whole time. Boo...
But wait...here's the real bummer part of the deal. I got sick right before we left for the trip. Bad cold, nasty cough, sinus headache, the works. So I basically traveled all the way to New York...to sleep and watch TV. But, hey, I couldn't have done that at home! That is for sure. So HUGE THANKS to Dad and Julie again. We love you guys! See you in December!
Free daycare, free trip, free flu bug. Dang, girl... That's some mojo you're rocking. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you upgraded to a jacuzzi room... You know - for clearing your sinuses, humidifying the room and chasing away any chill you might have picked up between the taxi and the lobby. (I hear those SoHo chills are fierce in Oct.) ;-)