Oh, we had such a wonderful Halloween this year! It was filled with good friends, lots of Halloween treats, school parades for each of the boys, and tons of fun activities leading up to the big night itself. And, of course...there were plenty of adorable costumes.
![]() |
| Dex as Super Why |
![]() |
| Fionn as Robin Hood at his school parade |
By the way, photo credits to the O'Reilly Family. I did not take even one picture of the boys on Halloween night. Lame Mama!
I will tell you what wasn't lame though. My Sunday afternoon. My beloved, Conor, graced me with some much-needed time to myself during which I took in an exercise class, ate a peaceful lunch, window-shopped, and saw a very powerful, very disturbing movie (Room). Hey, it wouldn't be "me time" without an emotionally draining movie, right? In all seriousness, it was a perfect afternoon and just what I needed to recharge. Meanwhile, Conor took the boys on an adventure at the Audubon Nature Preserve where they built this cool fort! (And subsequently refused to leave it, according to Conor).
After an awesome weekend, Fionny and I are at the oncology clinic for his monthly checkup. Today is a procedure day so he will also be receiving a spinal tap and an infusion of a chemo med called methrotrexate into his spine. Thankfully, we only have to have these spinal taps every 3 months now. I can't believe we used to have to do this every week. Sheesh! It's amazing what you get used to doing when it becomes routine. Fionn is Mr. Cranky McCranky Pants right now because he can't eat, but otherwise he's doing okay. Watching Scooby Doo. As one does.
Fionn's doctor was just in, and our boy's counts look awesome. This is great news, but it also means that his chemo will be increased because they feel like his body can handle it. This increase makes me nervous heading into cold and flu season, but we just have to hope for the best. It's been such a great 6 months. I'm just hoping our good fortune continues.
Thanks as always for the positive thoughts and prayers!




Super Why... Superman... and a Kick Ahhh, bottom fort? Now that's the kind of news I like catching up on. (Don't tell Grammie I ended that last sentence with a preposition, 'kay?)
ReplyDeleteWishing you a miss this year with the flu season... and hope those numbers stay happy, too. Love to you all!! ~Aunt Mimi