Anyway, back to the 4th of July. It was great. I use past tense because it is 7:23 pm, and we are already in for the night. Our kid is asleep, and Conor and I are already wearing our pajamas. Party animals, I tell ya. Party animals.
We've got a movie to watch, so I'll be quick. Our day was pretty low-key. We played trucks in the backyard until it got too hot. We also took a quick walk to the beautiful monastery in our neighborhood. Well, Conor and I walked. Fionn? Well, he had another mode of transportation. See for yourself.
| Pick up the pace, people. We got more sarcophagi to see. |
| Go ahead and say it. I make safety look cool. |
Today was an especially busy day at the pool being the 4th of July and all. We got there just in the nick of time to decorate Fionn's tricycle so he could participate in the parade around the pool. It was so freaking cute, you guys. All these kids, many younger than 5, pushing and pedaling their various cars and bikes around the swimming pool, their patriotic streamers and handmade signs a-flying. Our Fionny was in heaven. I think the whole thing seemed very grown-up and exciting to him. Push my tricycle around the pool while people cheer for me? Don't mind if I do!
Here are a couple of pictures from the big event.
Cute, right? By the way, that is my torso to the right of Fionn in the last photo. And, yes, I am holding two adult beverages -- one in each hand. Don't judge. I was celebrating America.
Before leaving the pool, Fionny also participated in his first-ever water balloon toss. His partner was another little boy who turns two years old this coming weekend. You can imagine the result. Let's just say it was a rather, um, brief game of toss. Still, it was fun, and Fionn got such a kick out of the whole thing. Literally. I'm pretty sure he kicked at least one water balloon to death during the event.
Ah, that's it for now. Just wanted to post a few cute pictures and say "Happy 4th." I'll post more next week after we return from our weekend in Portsmouth with my grad school friends. It is always a good time -- and a great photo op!
No comments:
Post a Comment