Friends, it has finally happened. I have officially become a Soccer Mom. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, right?
Here's the scoop. Our little guy is a newly minted Soccer Tot. He is technically a "Teddie" which is the cutesy name they give to the 18-month to 3-year-old soccer players. In case you are skeptical about the ability of bunch of toddlers to play sports effectively, let me ease your mind. There isn't a whole helluva lot of soccer happening during Soccer Tots. There is plenty of running. And lots of laughing. Sometimes a kid even kicks the ball, although it's usually by accident. But soccer? Nah. In fact, this is how you could find Fionn during much of our Soccer Tots practice earlier today.
Yep, those are the bleachers. And that's my kiddo climbing on them. Sigh.
But, hey, that's okay. Actually playing soccer is not the real draw to Soccer Tots. The real draw to Soccer Tots can be summed up with one glorious word. Stamps! Stamps! Stamps! (It's still one word, people! I just said it three times! Ha!).
Let me explain. Due to the brilliant genius of whoever launched the Soccer Tot program, there is a stamp given at the end of every class. Actually TWO stamps, although the coach always acts like it's a special treat to get two (but I'm on to him already). Here is a pic of the kids lined up in front of the coach, acquiring their stamps. That's Fionny in the camouflage shirt, front and center. Is it just me or does Fionn look impatient even from behind?
And here is the result.
Stamps have reached their target (two chubby hands). That, my friends, is a picture of one happy Buddy. He stared at his hands the whole way home.
And just because it's super cute...Here is a video of Fionn saying the word "orange." I just love the way his whole mouth wraps around the word, and I swear he makes it 18 syllables somehow. Ah, I rue the day when he starts speaking proper English.
We are off to Colorado tomorrow to spend the long weekend with some friends (and some ski slopes). 13 adults, 2 kids. This should be interesting. Wish us luck!
Such a cute endeavor!! Hope it provides some good entertainment, especially during the colder months. What is next for you soccer mom Casey....mini van?! :)
ReplyDelete