Howdy, strangers! Folks, you will have to excuse me for being so far behind in my posting. Our August has been pretty crazy so far -- jam-packed with travel and filled with all kinds of adventures. And it's not over yet. I am about to head out again this weekend for a bachelorette party (sans the little guy, of course), so this post will be a bit abbreviated and perhaps not quite up to snuff as far as a blog narrative goes. For this reason, I thought about waiting until things calmed down before trying to catch you up on some of our adventures. But that might be awhile. And I desperately wanted to post SOMETHING about our wonderful three nights in Cape Charles, Virginia last week. It's already been a full 7 days since we returned from this fabulous trip, and letting more time pass just simply won't do. So I will recount a bit of the Cape Charles trip now, and then I will save my post about our recent Irish Fest adventure for next week when I have a bit more time.
Okay, so back to Cape Charles. About 10 days ago, Fionn and I headed away from DC and made the 4 hour trek to the Chesapeake Bay. Upon our arrival, we met up with 4 of my good grad school friends for a few days of sun and fun. We stayed in an adorable little beach house just 5 blocks from the water. There were no co-parents (a.k.a. husbands) on this trip, so it was a little chaotic at times to say the least. But a good time was had by all. A BIG thank you to Anne Zalubowski for arranging the whole thing. We had such a blast!
I never know exactly where to start when describing a wonderful trip. I mean, how many times can I talk about how much I love my friends? Boring, right? So I'll talk about the weather instead. Hehe. The weather during our stay was just ideal. Sunny but not too hot. A slight breeze at times. The water simply sparkled in the sunlight, and it was just magical at times watching the beautiful children of such dear friends frolic in the knee-deep surf together. They were making memories that they might not remember in a few years, but we sure will. Amelia and Caroline (our Big Girls of 5 and 6, respectively) created "Dance Island" on one of the sandy banks, and we were all cordially invited to attend the show. It was quite a spectacle indeed. Yoga poses by Caroline, sweet singing by Amelia, and Jay...well, I'm not quite sure what you'd call the interesting tricks he was pulling out of his sleeve -- perhaps breakdancing? Regardless, it was a fantastic show. Fionn enjoyed it quite a bit as well, although not nearly so much as running wildly to and fro on the sandy beach, chasing down birds.
I have to admit that my picture taking over the few days that we were at Cape Charles was pretty poor. I made a conscious effort to try to enjoy the magical moments instead of trying to capture them on film. As a result, they are heartily ingrained on my mind's film strip, but not so much in a form that I can easily upload to this blog. Of course, I wasn't completely empty-handed at the end of the trip. I did manage to take SOME pictures. I do have a blog to maintain, after all, people (sheesh!). Just please pardon the lack of artistic arrangement or any sort of skill set regarding picture-taking. Without further adieu, I will leave you with the following photo montage which will be entitled "Cape Charles: A Visual Narrative." Enjoy!
| Pic of the matching girlies (me, Campbell, and Caroline) in our white and navy outfits |
| Nola and Jaybird |
| Fionn giving William an aggressive display of affection. |
| Anne and Campbell, sparkling in the sunshine. |
| Anne, Sarah, and their kiddos, chatting in the lovely water. |
| Fionn and William were both captivated by this yellow and silver pinwheel. |
| How do you get Fionn to pose happily for a group photo? TOOTSIE POP! |
| Prince William and his beautiful Mum. |
Babies, beaches, and bodacious babes... who could ask for anything more on a vacation?
ReplyDelete