Yeah, well, lemme tell you. Arrogance gets you nowhere. Because this past week, we got ours. As in "our" runny nose and "our" nasal congestion. Yep, that's right. Fionny and I were both sick at the same time. Ah, good times, good times.
The worst thing about having a cold and a baby at the same time is this: Baby doesn't care that you have a cold. Baby still expects to be entertained, nursed, carried, fed, etc, etc. And rightly so, of course. But the immature, selfish part of me (this continues to be a big portion of me, I'm afraid) still wants to be nurtured and cared for, especially when I'm feeling that run-down, sick sort of feeling. In other words, I just wanted to curl up on the couch and watch old 90210 reruns and drink mint tea. Maybe take a nap or two. With a baby, one cannot do this. Sigh. With a sick baby, one can definitely not do this. Double sigh. Here is a pic of our little stinker, awaiting his breakfast of pears and oatmeal while sitting in his Big Boy High Chair. His eyes say it all, don't they? Food. Now.
Ah, but no worries. It all ended well. Turns out, it was just a standard cold for the both of us. After a few days (and a lot of quality time with the nasal aspirator), Fionn appears to be feeling much better. Here he is, playing peek-a-boo with Daddy. Obviously, he is a happy little guy again.
And, in case you wondered, I'm feeling pretty good now too. Thank goodness -- just in time for our trip to Jackson on Tuesday!
Oh, yes, we are very excited for our Fionny's first holiday season. So far, he seems to be mesmerized by our tree, so I can't even imagine his reaction when he sees all the trimmings at his Ganna's house next week in Jackson! She can decorate with the best of them, that Ganna.
Unfortunately, Fionn is not the only one in our family who is enjoying our Christmas tree. Check out our Rory, perched on the tree branches like a rather large and wayward Christmas ornament.
Amazingly, Rory manages to get in and out of the tree without knocking even one ornament off its branches. This is more than I can say for our Fionny who is determined to eat every single ornament on the tree. Except for those that he would prefer to crush in his fat little hand. Don't worry. Neither activity is endorsed by his hovering parents. But if he had his way...
Fionn also loves to inspect any and all packages that arrive to our home, especially those involving food items, such as this Harry & David package from Daddy's business partner.
About 5 seconds later...Target Identified.
Target Acquired: Box of Pear Vanilla Tea...
Darn it! Target Intercepted by Mom. No fun, no fun.
5 more seconds later. New Target Identified: Almond Loaf. I laugh in the face of nut allergies. Ha Ha Ha!!
Well, folks, that is all for now. I will update the blog as soon as we return from Mississippi -- well, as soon as we get unpacked, that is. In the meantime...
Merry Christmas to all! Love, the Crimmins Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment